- 400g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 (x 150g pieces) skinless ocean trout fillets, deboned
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 radicchio, trimmed, outer leaves discarded, cut widthwise into 2cm-wide strips
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, each cut into wedges
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 eschalot, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Step 1Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cut fish widthwise into 2mm-thick slices. Toss fish with half the lime juice in a glass or ceramic bowl, then refrigerate for 20 minutes for lime to ‘cook’ the fish or until fish is opaque.
- Step 3Drain marinade and discard. Place fish in a large bowl. Thinly slice potatoes. Add to fish with radicchio, cucumbers, radishes and herbs, and toss to combine.
- Step 4To make dressing, whisk remaining lime juice with chilli, eschalot and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently to combine.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
Do ahead: Cook potatoes and make dressing up to 4 hours ahead.
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: William Meppem
- Publication: MasterChef