- 500g flathead fillets (or other white fish fillets)
- 160ml (2/3 cup) vinaigrette (we used Maggie Beer Pear, Miso and Ginger vinaigrette)
- 85g (1/2 cup) tamari almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 250g pkts microwave basmati rice
- 20g (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut, toasted
- Pickled ginger, to serve
- Steamed buk choy, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place fish in a large bowl. Add 80ml (1 ⁄3 cup) vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add half the chopped almonds and toss to coat. Place fish on prepared tray. Sprinkle with remaining almonds, pressing on to coat. Spray liberally with oil. Season. Bake for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat rice following the packet directions. Place in a bowl and stir in the toasted coconut.
- Step 3Divide rice, pickled ginger and buk choy among serving plates. Top with the fish and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
All nutrition values are per serve
Use the leftover vinaigrette to baste and drizzle over yakitori skewers, or to dress a soba noodle salad.
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine