- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 45g can anchovies, drained, finely chopped, mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- 340g French bread stick (baguette), halved crossways
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Stir the butter, garlic, anchovy and parsley in a small bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Cut each piece of bread into 2cm-thick slices, without cutting all the way through. Spread the butter mixture over the cut sides of bread. Wrap each piece of bread in foil.
- Step 3Place the bread on a baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
All nutrition values are per serve
Cook’s tip: Freeze garlic bread: After wrapping the bread in foil, freeze for up to 6 months and bake from frozen.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Australian Good Taste