- 2 whole fish, about 450g each (see note)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon Masterfoods Sesame Seeds
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into wafer- thin strips
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots (spring onions), sliced diagonally, to garnish
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Step 2Clean and scale the fish. Make 2 slashes in the thickest part of the fish flesh. Brush a roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil and place fish in the pan. Brush the flesh with remaining oil, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish are cooked through (the flesh will flake away easily when tested with a fork).
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the ginger, chilli, soy, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water in a pan. Cook over low heat until the ginger and chilli have started to soften. Place the fish on a large plate and pour the Asian-style dressing over top. Garnish with shallots and serve with rice.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
We used tailor fish.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au