- 4 anchovies in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure (thin) cream
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 10 sheets filo pastry, halved
- 7 prosciutto slices, sliced lengthways into thirds
- 20 asparagus spears, trimmed, blanched, drained
- Olive oil, to brush
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200°c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Grind together the anchovies, cream, parmesan, lemon juice and some pepper in a mortar and pestle to form a paste.
- Step 3Lay 1 filo half on a board, with the shorter end nearest you (keep remaining filo covered with a damp tea towel while you work). Spread 1 teaspoon paste onto the shorter end of the filo, then lay 1 prosciutto piece on top, and then 1 asparagus spear. Fold over the edges, brush with oil and roll tightly to enclose. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 20 cigars. Transfer cigars to tray, leaving 2-3cm gap between each, and brush with a little more oil.
- Step 4Bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp and light golden. Serve immediately.
- Author: Georgina Kaveney & Valli Little
- Image credit: Brett Stevens & Ian Wallace
- Publication: delicious.