- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 fresh Tasmanian Atlantic salmon fillets, skin on, from the deli
- 2 avocados, 1 mashed, 1 diced
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped, plus extra coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan. Place bread quarters on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins until crisp and golden. Cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan on high. Cook salmon, skin side down, for 3 mins, until crisp. Turn salmon and cook for 1-2 mins until browned. Set aside.
- Step 3Combine mashed and diced avocado, coriander, chilli and lime zest. Mix together extra virgin olive oil, lime juice and mustard. Add half to avocado mixture and stir to combine. Divide avocado mixture between 4 plates, shaping into a round.
- Step 4Flake salmon and arrange over avocado.
- Step 5Top with extra coriander and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve with melba toast.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles