- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 white cabbage, cored, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 4 radishes, ends trimmed, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mexican Chilli Powder
- 500g white fish fillets, cut into 8 strips
- 90g (1/3 cup) reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, mashed
- Step 1Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, the sugar and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot, radish and coriander and toss until well combined.
- Step 2Sprinkle chilli powder over fish. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes each side or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine the sour cream and remaining lime juice in a small bowl. Heat the tortillas following packet directions.
- Step 4Spread the avocado over half of each tortilla. Top with the cabbage mixture and fish. Serve with the sour cream mixture.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Cook’s tip: For a milder flavour, combine 1/2 tsp each of paprika, cumin and oregano. Sprinkle over fish before pan-frying.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste