- 4 cobs corn, husks removed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1.2kg salmon fillet, skinned, pin-boned
- 2 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Step 1Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Cook corn, turning frequently, for 12 minutes or until lightly charred. Cool.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200°C. Meanwhile, preheat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add coriander and cumin seeds, and stir for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Using a mortar and pestle, finely grind. Transfer to a medium bowl, then stir in ginger, turmeric and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Step 3Place 2 sheets of baking paper widthwise, slightly overlapping, on a large oven tray. Place 2 more sheets lengthwise, slightly overlapping, on top. Place salmon on tray, then rub top of salmon with half the spice mixture.
- Step 4Place 1 corn cob horizontally on a chopping board. Holding knife parallel to cob, cut kernels, in large pieces, away from cob. Repeat with a second cob. Place kernel pieces over salmon, then scatter with half the chilli. Drizzle with half each of the lime juice and oil.
- Step 5To make corn salsa, cut kernels from remaining cobs (don’t worry about keeping them in pieces). Add to remaining spice mixture with remaining chilli, lime juice and oil. Toss to combine.
- Step 6Place a sheet of baking paper over salmon. Fold up edges of the bottom layers of paper over the top layer, then fold over several times to create a parcel. Bake for 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Stand for 5 minutes, then unwrap and transfer salmon to a platter.
- Step 7Scatter salmon with coriander leaves and serve with corn salsa.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: MasterChef