- 2 small ripe tomatoes, deseeded, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 small fresh red chilli, seeds and membrane removed, finely chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (about 150g each) blue-eye trevalla cutlets
- Olive oil, to brush
- 100g mixed salad leaves, washed, dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Place the tomatoes, onion, coriander, chilli, sugar and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice in a small bowl. Toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Step 2Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Brush both sides of the fish lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-high, and cook the fish on preheated grill or chargrill for 3 minutes each side or until the flesh just flakes when tested with a fork.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the salad leaves in a large bowl. Whisk the oil and remaining lemon juice in a small jug. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add to the salad leaves and toss to combine.
- Step 4Place fish on serving plates and top with tomato salsa. Serve immediately with dressed salad leaves, lemon wedges and crusty bread.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve