- 1.5kg piece ocean trout fillet (side), skin on, boned
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped capers
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Brush trout all over with 2 tablespoons oil. Preheat barbecue on high with hood closed. Reduce temperature to medium. Place trout, skin-side up, on barbecue plate. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and partially cooked. Turn trout. Cook, with hood closed, for about 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking (see note). Transfer to a serving platter.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat until just warmed through and garlic starts to change colour. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, capers and chilli.
- Step 3Drizzle trout with dressing. Sprinkle with parsley leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Serves 8 as part of a banquet. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fish fillet.
Tip: This recipe can also be cooked in the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place trout fillet in a large baking paper lined baking dish. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas