- 1kg mixed potatoes (such as Cream Delight, Ruby Lou, Kipfler and Dutch Cream), halved
- 185ml (3/4 cup) light olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 anchovies in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Step 1Cook the combined potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Toss to coat.
- Step 2Process the egg yolks, anchovy, lemon juice and mustard in a food processor until combined. With the motor running, gradually add the remaining oil in a thin, steady stream until the mixture is thick and pale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Preheat a barbecue on high. Cook the potato, turning, for 10 minutes or until lightly charred. Transfer the potato to a serving bowl. Add the anchovy mayonnaise, mint, shallot, chives and garlic. Toss to combine.
All nutrition values are per serve
Serves 6 as a side.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste