- 24 (about 1kg) green king prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Salt & ground black pepper
Sweet chilli & mango mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 mango, peeled and finely diced
- You will need 24 bamboo skewers for this recipe.
- Step 1Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Step 2Carefully thread the prawns onto the skewers. Place in a large airtight container and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Step 3Meanwhile make sweet chilli & mango mayonnaise: Combine mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and mango in a bowl.
- Step 4Brush a barbecue plate with the oil to grease and preheat on medium-high. Drizzle the prawns with the lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Cook prawns on preheated barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side or until they change colour and are just cooked through. Serve immediately with sweet chilli & mango mayonnaise.
All nutrition values are per serve
Preparation time excludes 30 mins soaking time.
- Author: Janelle Bloom
- Publication: Australian Good Taste