- 200g (1 cup) dried risoni pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 (about 150g each) skinless salmon fillets, pin-boned
- 1/2 bunch watercress, sprigs picked, washed, dried
- 1 bunch radishes, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1Cook the risoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the oregano, parsley, lemon rind and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt. Use a fork to whisk until well combined. Gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Step 3Preheat a barbecue flatplate on medium-high. Add the salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until the salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
- Step 4Combine the risoni, watercress, radish and two-thirds of the oregano mixture in a bowl. Divide among serving plates. Top with the salmon and serve with the remaining oregano mixture.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
((( Variations ))) Blue-eye trevalla with watercress cream sauce: Omit the oregano, parsley and lemon juice. Replace the salmon with 4 blue-eye trevalla fillets. Increase the risoni to 375g dried risoni pasta. In step 2, place the lemon rind, watercress and 300ml thickened cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to the jug of a blender and blend until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Return to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Divide the risoni among serving plates. Top with the fish and drizzle over the sauce. Serve with the radish. Linguine with ham, lemon, cream & rocket: Omit the radish. Replace the risoni with 350g dried linguine pasta. Replace the salmon with 150g sliced ham, coarsely chopped. Replace the watercress with baby rocket leaves. Reduce the oil to 2 tsp olive oil. In step 2, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the lemon rind, lemon juice, 125ml (1/2 cup) chicken stock and 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Add the pasta, oregano, parsley and rocket. Season with pepper. Serve with grated parmesan. Barbecued chicken with mash & gremolata: Omit the risoni, lemon juice, watercress and radish. Replace the salmon with 4 single chicken breast fillets. Cook the chicken on barbecue for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Meanwhile, place the oregano, parsley, lemon rind and oil in a small bowl, and stir to combine. Top the chicken with the oregano mixture and serve with Woolworths Fresh Desiree Potato Mash, warmed.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste