- 40 (about 3 punnets) mini roma tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (185ml) olive oil
- 3/4 cup (185ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 40 (about 200g) peeled garlic cloves
- 40 (about 100g) Ligurian olives
- 8 (about 200g each) barramundi fillets
- 16 anchovy fillets, torn in half
- 1/2 cup rosemary leaves
- Step 1Use a small sharp knife to cut a shallow cross in the base of each tomato. Place half the tomatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10-15 seconds or until skin lifts slightly. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl of iced water. Repeat with remaining tomatoes. Drain tomatoes then carefully peel and discard skins.
- Step 2Heat combined oils in a medium saucepan over very low heat. Add garlic and olives and cook for 30 minutes or until soft. Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Use wide baking paper to cut eight 50cm squares. Place a barramundi fillet on each square. Top each fillet with 4 anchovy halves. Gather the edges of the baking paper to shape upwards. Spoon the olives, garlic cloves and tomatoes evenly over each fillet. Drizzle each fillet with 2 tablespoons of the confit oil and scatter with 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves. Bring the sides of the baking paper to meet in the centre. Tie firmly with unwaxed white kitchen string to secure.
- Step 4Place parcels on a heavy-based oven tray. Cook in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat and serve parcels immediately with mash and salad greens.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Excess flavoured oil from the confit can be refrigerated and used at a later date in dressings and to add flavour to other dishes.
- Author: Lisa Featherby
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: