- 12 medium green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 8 small squid hoods, halved lengthways
- 450g firm, thick white fish fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Romesco Sauce (see notes)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 12 pre-soaked bamboo skewers
- Step 1Thread prawns onto 4 skewers. Thread squid onto 4 skewers and fish onto remaining 4 skewers. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Cook skewers, turning, for 3 minutes or until lightly charred and just cooked through.
- Step 3Sprinkle seafood skewers with parsley and serve with Magic Romesco Sauce, lemon wedges, mixed salad leaves and crusty bread.
I love using small squid for barbecuing because it’s more tender than larger squid. Blue-eye, snapper and jewfish are ideal for this recipe. Be careful not to overcook the seafood. These skewers should just be very lightly charred.
We used this romesco sauce recipe
- Author: Nagi Maehashi
- Image credit: Nagi Maehashi
- Publication: Super Food Ideas