- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 500g green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the anchovy and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the beans in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender but still crisp. Drain well.
- Step 3Place the beans on a serving platter. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture and parsley. Serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
Tip: If avoiding wheat and gluten, use rice crumbs.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: