- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g beef rump steaks, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 400g can coconut cream
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beef for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Add onion and coconut to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add coconut cream, stock and fish sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in lime juice.
- Step 3Thickly slice beef. Return to pan. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until just heated through. Serve with rice, lime wedges and coriander.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
Variation: You could add 1 thickly sliced red capsicum, 1 thinly sliced zucchini and 1 thinly sliced carrot with the curry paste in step 2.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas