- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1kg firm white fish fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Step 1Make Spice mix: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ginger, curry leaves and spice mix. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mustard seeds start to pop. Add tomato and 1 1/2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Add coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Add fish. Cook for 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with coriander leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
Make sure your spices are fresh to ensure maximum flavour in your curries.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas