- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (200g each) salmon fillets, skin on
- 40g butter, melted
- Steamed chat potatoes, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Combine cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano in a bowl.
- Step 2Brush salmon with butter. Rub all over with spice mixture.
- Step 3Heat a chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, skin side down, for 4 to 5 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn. Cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4Serve with potatoes and salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Tip: You could also cook this on a barbecue. Chef’s tips: Chargrilling: Don’t overcrowd the chargrill, and only turn salmon once. Salmon can get dry if overcooked, and is delicious when still pink in the middle.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas