- 8 (about 150g each, 2cm thick) blue-eye trevalla cutlets
- 11/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Warm celeriac, lentil & walnut salad
- 400g (2 cups) brown lentils
- 35g (1/3 cup) walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium (about 300g) celeriac, trimmed, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1Place the fish in a glass or ceramic dish. Combine cumin and oil in a bowl. Pour over the fish and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make the warm celeriac, lentil & walnut salad, cook lentils in a saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat. Coarsely chop and add to bowl with lentils. Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add celeriac and cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until brown and tender. Transfer to bowl with lentils. Add the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic and parsley and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Preheat a chargrill on high. Drain fish and season with salt. Cook on grill for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked.
- Step 4Spoon the lentil salad among serving plates. Top with the fish and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Amanda Kelly
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste