- Plain flour, to dust
- 6 x 180g skinless blue-eye fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup (25g) flaked almonds, toasted
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Boiled chat potatoes tossed in parsley, to serve
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil leaves
- Rind of 1 lemon, cut into thin strips with a zester
- Step 1For the herb butter, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, then season well with salt and pepper. Mix well, then set aside while you prepare the fish.
- Step 2Spread some flour on a sheet of baking paper and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Lightly dust the fish fillets in the seasoned flour.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes until light golden. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until the fish is golden and cooked through. Place fish on a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Step 4Return pan to medium heat and add the herb butter. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until melted, then stir through the toasted almonds.
- Step 5Divide the beans, potatoes and fish fillets among serving plates, drizzle with a little of the herb and almond butter, then serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: delicious.