- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 600g beef fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Watercress sprigs, to serve
- Chopped fresh tomato, to serve
- Red onion wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and garlic in a medium bowl. Add the beef and stir to coat. Season with pepper. Cover and set aside for 1 hour to marinate.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil and heat until smoking. Cook half the beef, shaking the wok, for 1-2 minutes until the beef is charred but still rare in the centre, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining oil and beef, reheating the wok between batches. Top with watercress, tomato and onion.
All nutrition values are per serve
Serves 8 as part of a banquet.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste