- 500g truss cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced widthways
- 1 egg tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup (170g) Sicilian green olives, halved, pitted, sliced
- 12 sprigs thyme
- 3/4 cup (180ml) dry white wine
- 4 x 150g pieces coral trout, skin on (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Snip 12 tomatoes from vine, discard calyces and set aside. Cut remaining truss tomatoes into 4 sprays.
- Step 2Heat oil in a deep, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add anchovies and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 30 seconds or until dissolved. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add reserved cherry tomatoes, 1 at a time, squashing to release juices.
- Step 3Add chopped egg tomato, olives and thyme and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add wine and bring to the boil.
- Step 4Season fish to taste then place, skin-side down, in pan. Place truss tomato sprays on top and return mixture to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and transfer to the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and tomatoes are tender. Stir in mint leaves. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
* Any firm, white-fleshed fish fillets may be used for this recipe.
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Andrew Lehmann
- Publication: Notebook: