- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 30g butter, chopped
- 150g smoked salmon, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Dill sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Combine egg and milk together with a fork. Sift flours into a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring with the fork until combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Melt a little of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Using 2 level teaspoons mixture per blini, cook in batches of 8 for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned, Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat 3 times.
- Step 3Divide smoked salmon evenly into 32 portions. Combine sour cream and dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Place blini on a platter. Top with sour cream mixture, salmon and lemon rind. Serve sprinkled with dill sprigs.
All nutrition values are per serve
If you don’t fancy fish, top the blinis with smoked leg ham, cheese slices or prosciutto.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas