- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 110g (1/2 cup) medium-grain rice/calrose rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 8 small (about 120g) okra, ends trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
- Pinch of salt
- 4 small (about 150g each) swordfish steaks, with skin on
- 1 20g pkt Cajun seasoning (Natures Treats brand)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- Step 1Use a knife to cut down length of corn close to cores to remove kernels. Cook rice in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions, or until tender. Add corn kernels for last 6 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add onion and okra, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes or until crisp and brown. Add rice mixture to pan. Gently toss for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Taste and season with salt. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Coat both sides of swordfish steaks with Cajun spice. Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add swordfish and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Step 4To serve, spoon rice mixture onto serving plates. Top with swordfish and then tomato. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve