- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 (about 200g each) white fish fillets (such as basa or pink ling)
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
- 4 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine the ginger, chilli, if using, garlic, rice wine or sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar in a small bowl.
- Step 2Heat the peanut oil in a frying pan over high heat until just smoking. Add the fish. Cook for 3 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Step 3Transfer the fish to a serving platter with the steamed Asian greens. Quickly pour the ginger mixture over the fish. Sprinkle with the spring onion and coriander. Serve with rice.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Coles