- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 700g pork rashers, rind discarded and diced
- Steamed snow peas, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Step 1Make caramel syrup by simmering 2 tablespoons sugar in 2 tablespoons water until golden. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper and 2 French shallots, finely chopped. Place 700g pork rashers, rind discarded and diced into a bowl, pour over marinade and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Heat a frying pan or wok until hot. Remove pork from marinade with a slotted spoon and cook, in batches until crisp and cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Step 3Add remaining marinade to pan with 2 tablespoons water. Bring to the boil and pour over pork. Serve with steamed snow peas and rice.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Christine Sheppard
- Publication: Fresh Living