- 2 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed, quartered, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, quartered, very thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 treviso lettuce, outer leaves removed, trimmed, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons baby salted capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley
- 50g low-fat feta, crumbled
- Olive oil spray
- 4 (about 150g) firm white fish fillets (such as ling)
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Step 1Place the fennel, onion, celery, treviso, capers, parsley and feta in a large bowl.
- Step 2Heat a chargrill or large frying pan over high heat. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Add the fish. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Add lemon, cut-side down, to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until caramelised.
- Step 4Whisk together the lemon juice, oil and sugar in a small bowl. Add to the fennel mixture and toss to combine.
- Step 5Divide the salad and caramelised lemon among serving plates. Top with fish. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
To make this even healthier, soak the capers in water for 1 hour before rinsing. This helps remove as much salt as possible. Prepare to the end of step 1 up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and store in fridge.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste