- 400g green beans, topped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (about 150g each) salmon fillets
- Step 1Cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp (see microwave tip). Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Preheat chargrill on medium-high.
- Step 2Place the beans and onion in a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice, parsley, mustard and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine.
- Step 3Brush the salmon fillets with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on preheated chargrill for 1-2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4Divide the bean salad among serving plates and top with the salmon. Serve immediately.
Microwave tip: wash the beans and place in a freezer bag. Adjust until beans are 2-3 deep when the bag is laid flat. Twist the opening to close. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 3 1/2-4 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp.
- Author: Bettina Jenkins
- Publication: Australian Good Taste