- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 large zucchini
- 650g swordfish steaks, skin removed, cut into 3cm squares
- 1 punnet red cherry tomatoes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 225g tzatziki dip, to serve
- Ready-made tabouli, to serve
- 4 small tortilla wraps, to serve
- Step 1Soak skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain. Combine basil, garlic, chilli, lemon rind, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Step 2Using a potato peeler, peel each zucchini into long thin ribbons. Skewer 1 piece of zucchini 2cm from end of 1 skewer. Thread fish and tomatoes alternately onto skewer, interleaving zucchini each time. Repeat with remaining zucchini, fish and tomatoes.
- Step 3Place skewers onto a plate. Brush with herb marinade. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 4Preheat barbecue plate on medium heat. Lightly spray skewers with oil. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, turning, or until fish is just cooked through. Serve with tabouli, tzatziki and tortillas.
All nutrition values are per serve
You’ll need 8 skewers
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Super Food Ideas