- 2 large red capsicum, quartered, deseeded
- 7 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 small zucchini (about 50g each), halved lengthways
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (about 150g each) tuna steaks
- 4 dinner rolls, to serve
- Step 1Preheat grill on high. Place the capsicum, skin-side up, under preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a sealed plastic bag and stand for 10 minutes (this helps to lift the skin). Peel the skin from the capsicum and finely chop the flesh.
- Step 2Combine the capsicum, green shallots, coriander, lime juice, sugar and salt and pepper. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover and set aside while cooking zucchini and tuna.
- Step 3Preheat chargrill on high. Brush the zucchini halves with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Cook on preheated chargrill, in batches if necessary, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until just cooked. Remove from the chargrill, cover loosely with foil and keep warm.
- Step 4Brush both sides of tuna with remaining olive oil and cook on chargrill for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Step 5Serve tuna with the salsa, chargrilled zucchini and dinner rolls.
All nutrition values are per serve
Leftovers; use coriander and green shallots in marinades and salads. For the kids: tuna & capsicum – chop cooked tuna and toss in salsa.
- Author: Alison Turner
- Publication: Australian Good Taste