- 375g farfalle pasta
- 60g butter
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 cups (625g) milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 185g pkt Coles Tasmanian Hot Smoked Salmon, coarsely flaked
- 150g Coles Deli Castello White Cheese, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until the mixture bubbles and is grainy. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Add cheddar. Stir to combine. Season.
- Step 3While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the leek for 5 mins or until soft. Stir in the peas. Remove from heat.
- Step 4Stir the pasta into the sauce. Spoon into a 10-cup (2.5L) ovenproof dish. Bake for 15 mins or until golden.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Coles