- 350g fresh egg (chow mein) noodles
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- Step 1Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 125ml (1/2 cup) of the coconut milk in a wok over high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until the coconut milk splits and the oil separates. Add the curry paste and stir for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the turmeric and stir to combine.
- Step 3Add the stock and remaining coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in the sugar, fish sauce and basil leaves.
- Step 4Divide the cooked noodles among serving bowls. Ladle over the soup. Sprinkle with the extra basil leaves.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine