- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 700g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon shaved palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- Canola oil spray
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan on high heat. Add curry paste, stir, and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add onion and chicken, cook for 2 minutes or until browned. Add coconut milk, stock, lime leaves and palm sugar. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cook for 12 minutes or until thickened. Stir through coriander and fish sauce.
- Step 3Spoon mixture into 4 x 1 cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes. Spray a sheet of filo with oil, top with another. Repeat with remaining pastry. Fold pastry in half. Cut into 4 squares, place on top of dishes, tie with string. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with lime wedges.
- Author: Abi Ulgiati
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Fresh Living