- 1 whole barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 2 cups finely shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves dressing
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- Step 1To make the dressing, stir the fish sauce, sugar, water, soy sauce, vinegar and chilli in a small bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Step 2Combine the chicken, wombok, onion, mint and coriander in a bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Divide the salad among serving dishes.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
Tip: Add fish sauce to taste.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste