- 100g marinated roast capsicum (see note), drained, finely chopped
- 3cm piece lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 800g chicken breast mince
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons laksa paste
- 450g thin hokkien noodles
- Step 1Combine capsicum, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, chicken, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Chop three-quarters of coriander. Add to mince mixture. Shape heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on a plate and cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, in batches, for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Combine stock, coconut milk and laksa paste in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Separate noodles and add to broth. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until noodles are heated through.
- Step 4Spoon broth and noodles into warmed bowls. Top with chicken meatballs and remaining coriander. Serve.
Marinated roast capsicum is sold in jars and can be found near the olives in your supermarket.
- Author: Jane Hann
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas