- 200g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into thirds diagonally
- 600g beef scotch fillet steaks, excess fat trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed chilli
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Step 1Place the noodles and asparagus in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender and the asparagus is bright green and tender crisp. Drain. Use kitchen scissors to coarsely chop the noodles. Return the noodles and asparagus to the bowl.
- Step 2Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Cook on grill for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Step 3Combine the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chilli in a jug. Add the beef, dressing and basil to the noodle mixture and toss until well combined. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste