- 1 1/2 cups brown medium-grain rice
- 500ml apple cider
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thickly sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 x 200g boneless salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 baby fennel, trimmed, very thinly sliced (fronds reserved)
- 250g green seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 80g baby rocket
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Step 1Cook rice following packet directions. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place cider, 2 cups water, peppercorns, bay leaves, ginger and thyme in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add salmon. Cover. Simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat. Using a spatula, carefully lift salmon from liquid and transfer to a plate. Discard poaching liquid.
- Step 3Make Dressing: Whisk vinegar, oil, dill, mustard and sugar together in a jug.
- Step 4Place apple, rice, fennel, grape and chives in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1/2 the dressing. Season well. Toss to combine. Arrange rice mixture and rocket on a serving plate. Flake salmon, discarding skin, and place on top of rice. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds. Serve.
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie & Kim Coverdale
- Publication: Super Food Ideas