- 500g truss cherry tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 4 (about 1kg) blue-eye trevalla fillets
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 cups (130g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 150g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the cherry tomatoes on an oven tray and season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until just beginning to split. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Step 2Place the salt, fennel, coriander and chilli flakes in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until coarsely crushed. Transfer to a plate and stir through the flour.
- Step 3Dip each blue-eye fillet into the spiced flour and shake off any excess. Dip into the egg then evenly press the coconut onto the fish. Set aside on a plate.
- Step 4Heat the oil in a large, shallow frying pan over a medium heat. Add the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until the coconut is crisp and golden. Transfer the fish to an oven tray and bake for 4-5 minutes or until just cooked when tested.
- Step 5Place the fish on serving plates and top with tomatoes. Serve with the shredded spinach leaves and drizzle with lime juice.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Notebook: