- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 750g thick white boneless fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces (see note)
- 125g green beans, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add onions and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar. Stir until well combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Step 2Add fish and beans. Stir until well combined. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place noodles into a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 4Divide noodles between serving bowls. Spoon over fish mixture and sauce. Top with coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
Barramundi or ling would both be suitable fish for this recipe.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas