- 1 1/2 cups (300g) jasmine rice
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, seasoned
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir limes leaves, finely shredded
- 6 spring onions, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 300g hot-smoked trout fillet, flaked
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Fried Asian shallots, to serve
- Toasted shredded coconut, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place rice, coconut milk, 2 cups (500ml) water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered, for 10 minutes, then fluff up with a fork.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Pour the egg into the pan, swirling to coat the base in a thin layer. Cook for 1-2 minutes until set, then invert onto a board. Roll omelette up and thinly slice.
- Step 3Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, then add chilli, garlic, kaffir lime leaves and half the spring onion. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until softened, then add the rice, soy sauce, omelette, trout and coriander. Toss to combine.
- Step 4Divide among bowls and serve with fried Asian shallots, toasted coconut, lime wedges and remaining spring onion.
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little & Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Andy Lewis
- Publication: Taste.com.au