- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tikka masala curry paste
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 600g orange sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 500g swordfish fillets (see note), cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Basmati rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and mustard seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 2Add sweet potato, coconut milk and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is just tender. Add fish and broccoli. Cover. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish is cooked through and broccoli tender. Top with coriander. Serve with rice.
Sold in steaks, swordfish is known as the most ‘meat-like’ of fish, and has a slightly sweet taste. The flesh is quite dense and pink to off-white in colour. It’s great barbecued, braised, pan-fried or stir-fried.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas