- 4 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally
- Step 1Using a knife, cut kernels from cobs (see notes).
- Step 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook for 3 minutes or until crisp. Add brown onion, capsicum and celery. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Step 3Add corn and 2 tablespoons of water to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until corn is just tender. Stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with green onion.
All nutrition values are per serve
When removing kernels from cobs, keep any juice that comes out and add to the mixture.
- Author: Amira Georgy
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas