- 2 x 500g saladette truss tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup (190g) couscous
- 4 dried figs, diced
- 2 tablespoons toasted flaked almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup (260g) natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Step 1Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. Using a teaspoon, remove the flesh and juice. Discard the flesh. Place the juice and seeds in a measuring jug. Place tomato shells in a baking dish.
- Step 2Add lemon juice to the tomato juice. Add enough water to make up 1 cup (250ml) of tomato liquid. Place the couscous in a bowl. Add the tomato mixture and combine. Set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Stir in the figs, almonds and cinnamon.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Fill shells with couscous. Replace tops on each tomato. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Step 4Mix the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and mint. Serve tomatoes with the natural yoghurt.
- Author: Gemma Purcell
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Fresh Living