- 3 x 170g cans crab meat, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine crab meat, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons coriander, 2 tablespoons mint, onions, lime rind and 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a large bowl. Whisk egg and sour cream in a jug. Add to crab mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix to combine.
- Step 2Shape tablespoonfuls of mixture into patties. Place onto prepared tray. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 140°C. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Cook crab cakes, 6 at a time, for 2 minutes each side or until light golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining crab cakes.
- Step 4Mash avocado until almost smooth. Add remaining coriander, mint and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Mix well. Spoon a dollop of mixture onto each crab cake. Top with lime wedges. Serve hot or cold.