- 30g butter
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 300ml light thickened cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken or fish stock
- 600g firm white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 450g frozen broccoli, carrot, cauliflower mix
- 1 cup (70g) coarse breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 100g haloumi, grated
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated tasty cheddar
- Step 1Melt butter in a large heavy-based ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until softened. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until mixture is grainy. Stir in mustard. Gradually stir in the cream and stock.
- Step 2Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 2 mins. Add fish and cook for 2-3 mins or until fish is cooked through. Add the frozen vegetables. Season. Simmer for 1-2 mins or until vegetables are heated through.
- Step 3Preheat grill on medium. Combine the breadcrumbs, haloumi and cheddar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the fish mixture. Spray with olive oil spray. Cook under the grill for 5-10 mins or until top is crisp and golden.
Serve with fresh parsley sprigs
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Publication: Coles