- 400g skinless salmon fillets
- 375g Barilla Fettuccine
- 2 cups frozen broad beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 300ml Coles Simply Less thickened cream
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Fill a medium, deep frying pan two-thirds full with cold water. Add salmon. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Using a fork, roughly flake salmon.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to saucepan. Place broad beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain. Peel and discard skins from broad beans.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add wine and lemon rind. Bring to the boil. Add cream and broad beans. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Add sauce, salmon and chives to pasta. Gently toss over low heat to combine. Serve.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Don’t have frozen broad beans in the freezer? Just replace with 1 cup frozen peas or when in season, replace with fresh broad beans.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Craig Wall, Al Richardson & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas