- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fine semolina
- 2 large lemons, rind finely grated
- 800g flathead fillets, skin removed
- 1 red onion, halved, sliced
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat a barbecue plate on medium heat. Finely chop 1 tablespoon parsley leaves. Combine chopped parsley, semolina and 1 tablespoon lemon rind in a shallow dish. Coat each fish fillet in semolina mixture.
- Step 2Place onion in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until soft. Lightly spray onions with oil. Spoon onto barbecue plate and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 3Lightly spray both sides of fish fillets with oil. Cook on barbecue plate for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 4Add tomatoes and remaining parsley leaves to onion. Drizzle with vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Place fish on plates. Serve with tomato salad and lemon.
- Diabetes friendly
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas