- 80g (1 cup) finely shredded savoy cabbage
- 400g cooked prawns, peeled, cleaned, cut into 2cm pieces
- 160g (1 cup) shredded roast turkey or barbecued chicken
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 6 sheets spring roll pastry, (see note) thawed
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- Steamed rice (optional), to serve
- 1/2 red bird's-eye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- Step 1To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients with 2 tablespoons water in a bowl.
- Step 2To make parcels, combine cabbage, prawns, turkey, onions and ginger in a bowl. Cut each pastry sheet into 4. Place 1 tablespoon prawn mixture in the centre, leaving a 2cm border. Brush the border lightly with water. Bring corners into the centre, folding like an envelope, and press edges together to seal. Makes 24.
- Step 3Fill a large frying pan 2cm deep with oil and heat over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, cook parcels for 1 minute each side or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Step 4To make carrot salad, toss carrot, bean sprouts, coriander and half the dressing in a bowl. Scatter with peanuts.
- Step 5Place prawn and turkey parcels on a tray and serve with the remaining dressing, salad and rice, if using.
All nutrition values are per serve
Available frozen in supermarkets.
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: MasterChef