- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 600g firm white fish fillets, cut into 6cm pieces
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 bunches broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 3 green onions, cut into 4cm lengths, plus extra sliced onion to serve
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine flour and five-spice powder in a large snap-lock bag.
- Step 2Pour enough vegetable oil into a large, heavy-based saucepan to reach 2cm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Add fish to flour in bag. Seal. Shake gently to coat. Remove 1/3 of the fish from flour mixture, shaking off excess, and place in oil. Shallowfry, turning, for 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining fish, in 2 batches.
- Step 3Heat sesame oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add broccolini and onion. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add plum sauce, soy sauce and lemon juice. Bring to the boil. Add fish. Stir-fry, tossing gently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 4Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with the fish mixture and sprinkle with extra onion. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Vanessa Levis
- Publication: Super Food Ideas